Blackened Beef Brisket Recipe
For dry rub
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 pound untrimmed whole beef brisket
- 12 ounces beer (low carb~ I used Michelob Ultra)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Make dry rub:
Mix the dry ingredients in small bowl to blend. Save 1 tablespoon of dry rub to another small bowl and reserve for mop. Spread remaining dry rub all over brisket. Cover with plastic; chill overnight.
Mix beer, vinegar, water, Worcestershire sauce, jalapeno, plus reserved dry rub in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over low heat 5 minutes.
Pour 1/2 cup mop into bowl; cover and chill for use in sauce.
Cover and chill remaining mop.
Bring grill to 200°F. to 225°F., using indirect heat.
Place brisket, fat side up, on rack. Cover; cook until tender when pierced with fork and meat thermometer inserted into center registers 185°F., about 3 hours. Every 20 mins, brush brisket with chilled mop.
When cooked, transfer brisket to platter; let stand 15 minutes.
Combine chili powder in heavy small saucepan, bring to boil.
Thinly slice brisket across grain.
Serve, passing sauce separately.